This recipe doesn't call for liquid, because the mashed banana, applesauce, and apples add enough moisture.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup Sucanat (or sugar)
- 1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the diced apple, sugar, flour, applesauce, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl, and mix well. Pour into greased pan, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Source: Calorie Count
- Desserts, Cake
- 1 loaf, 10 servings
- Cook Time
- 60 minutes
- Calories per serving