This recipe doesn't call for liquid, because the mashed banana, applesauce, and apples add enough moisture.
- 2 ripe bananas
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/2 cup Sucanat (or sugar)
1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the diced apple, sugar, flour, applesauce, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl, and mix well. Pour into greased pan, and sprinkle with chopped walnuts
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
- Desserts, Cake
- North American
- 1 loaf, 10 servings
- Total Time
- 59 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving