These vegan pumpkin oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are perfect for Fall and are only 90 calories per cookie.
- 1 cup spelt flour (all-purpose flour will work, too)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup sucanat (or other raw, natural sugar)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together dry ingredients (flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, and nutmeg) in a mixing bowl.
- Mix together wet ingredients (pumpkin, sugar, coconut oil, flaxseed, and vanilla) in a separate mixing bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press cookie dough down into a cookie shape with a spoon or your fingers. Cookies won't spread very much, so you can space them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack and cool completely before eating or transferring to a storage container for later consumption.
Serving size: 1 Cookie
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American