Watch Simone Biles's Sky-High Double-Double Dismount From Your Backyard Using Google AR
Google has found a way to bring athletes Simone Biles, Naomi Osaka, and Megan Rapinoe to our homes via AR (augmented reality). This technology is exclusively on the Google app on iPhone and Android devices, so you'll always be able to see these star athletes as long as you have your phone with you. Biles's triple-double, Osaka's rally, and Rapinoe's free kick are just a few of the moves you can witness in your own space. I tried Google AR for myself, and Naomi served a tennis ball at 125 mph over my head — in my kitchen! Here are step-by-step instructions on how to bring Biles, Osaka, and Rapinoe into your room.
Directions on How to Use Google AR 3D Technology
- Download the Google app for your mobile device.
- Search for Simone Biles, Naomi Osaka, or Megan Rapinoe.
- Scroll until you see the "(Athlete's Name) in 3D" section.
- Click the "View in 3D" button for the skill you want to see.
- Click the "View in your space" button.
- Give the Google app permission to use your camera.
- Scan your space by moving your phone around the area where you want the athlete to appear.
- Poof! Your favorite athlete is right in front of you.
Tip: Use two fingers to zoom in and out. If you want to change your viewing angle, use one finger to move the athlete.
To see Simone Biles bring herself into the gym using this AR feature with Jordan Chiles by her side, check out the video below.