We can't get enough of mason jar salads, can you? Once you've mastered the basic mason jar salad assembly, it's time to start experimenting with various ingredients. This particular salad takes all the wondrous Fall basics like roasted butternut squash and brussels sprouts along with steamed kale, fresh pomegranate seeds, and soy-sauce-seasoned pepitas to create a seasonal staple you'll want to make throughout the New Year.
Since there is oil in the butternut squash and brussels sprouts, I didn't use any in the dressing. However, feel free to adjust the dressing and oil content to your liking.
The salad is vegan, but feel free to add in a protein of your choice to make it more substantial.
- 1 16-ounce wide-mouth mason jar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette (2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and salt to taste)
- 3/4 cup roasted butternut squash, cooled
- 3/4 cup roasted brussels sprouts, cooled
- 1/3 cup steamed kale
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon soy-sauced pepitas, cooled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a mason jar, layer vinaigrette, butternut squash, brussels sprouts, kale, pomegranate seeds, and pepitas. Close lid securely, and store in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Toss in a large bowl, and adjust with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- North American
- 1 salad