There's no happier way to start the day than by making a batch of rainbow waffles. And, if you can't get enough of the rainbow craze, be sure to check out our rainbow bagel and rainbow grilled cheese videos.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Gel food coloring (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- Whipped cream
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, and vanilla, and keep mixing until smooth.
- Divide batter into 6 portions and add gel food coloring to color each batter. Place batter into piping bags and cut off tips.
- Carefully pour the batter in circles in the waffle iron, starting with red and working your way inward. Cook according to waffle iron directions.
- Remove and cut waffle in half. Garnish with whipped cream for clouds.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Pancakes/Waffles
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes