Choose Your Fighter: Which Chrissy Teigen Are You in the Kitchen?
I've seen some impressive takes on the "Choose Your Fighter" challenge sweeping social media, but none have spoken to me quite as much as Chrissy Teigen's version has. The cookbook author teamed up with her mom, Vilailuck, aka Pepper Thai, to put her own twist on the trend, which involves dressing in various outfits and carrying different props as a nod to the character-selection process in old-school video games — complete with subtle side-to-side swaying. If you know, you know.
Seeing as Chrissy and Pepper are both wizards in the kitchen, they went with a chef-inspired spin, clutching to a range of kitchen utensils and donning comfy, at-home outfits like robes and leggings. Oh, and Chrissy also put her impressive selection of headbands on display, of course. "Chefs, choose your "weapons"🍳(wine counts)👇," she captioned the video, which featured the following fighters:
- Chrissy wearing a bath towel and holding a knife
- Chrissy wearing leggings and a tank top and holding various kitchen utensils
- Chrissy wearing leggings and a tank top and holding a skillet
- Chrissy wearing a silk robe and holding a large pan
- Chrissy wearing leggings and a tank top and holding tongs
- Pepper wearing a bathrobe and holding a wok
- Pepper wearing a jacket, apron, and straw hat
- Chrissy wearing a tank top and leggings and holding a large pan
- Chrissy wearing a tank top, leggings, and hat and drinking from a cup
During this period of social distancing, I've personally been oscillating between "Chrissy wearing a bath towel and holding a knife" and "Pepper wearing a bath robe and holding a wok," but as more time passes on, the "Chrissy wearing a tank top, leggings, and hat and drinking from a cup" character more accurately encapsulates my mood. Which fighter will you choose before your next kitchen adventure?