Remember when banana bread was the baked good of this year? Well, move aside, banana bread: the time for pumpkin bread has arrived. There truly is that peak time of the year when pumpkin bread is something you can justify eating for pretty much every meal. I know this is true because I had to go to three stores before I could find the pumpkin puree I needed for this recipe.
Janine from the Happy Happy Nester has added pumpkin spice and everything nice to our fall diets with this at-home Starbucks Pumpkin Bread recipe. It's incredibly easy to make this dessert at home, and I can guarantee it will make your house smell just how you want fall to smell.
You'll need just a few ingredients, then just mix, bake, and enjoy!
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups white granulated sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon cloves
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour three 7"x3" loaf pans.
- Mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until well blended. Try and get it smooth!
- In a different bowl, whisk/stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger (this looks just like the prepackaged stuff!).
- Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Insert a knife or toothpick in center until it comes out clean. You may need to add another 10-20 minutes to your bake time.
- Let cool and serve!