This Baño For the New Moon in Virgo Will Help Attract Balance and Release Perfectionism
Just a little over two weeks after our final supermoon of the year, the new moon in Virgo swoops in to ground us. Rooting down is essential at this time to integrate the powerful energy of that supermoon in Aquarius, which took place on Aug. 11. That transformative moon helped us to release a whole lot of stuff we no longer need in order to provide space for creating and living in a new, more intentionally focused way. Virgos are go-getters. They're ambitious and often very organized, not only in their living space but also in life overall. Sometimes that Virgo laser-focused, orderly approach to life melts away into a pool of spontaneity when something truly pulls at the heartstrings. So during the new moon in Virgo, we can aim to find balance by grounding and showing gratitude to Mother Earth and our connection to all things.
It's not about seeking perfection to meet the status quo or feed the ego; it's about aligning with one's own perfect life, whatever that looks like. New moons are for setting intentions and wishes. You can write them down and then read them out loud. You can sing your wishes while embracing the present moment and feeling gratitude for your perfect/unperfect journey.
Wish upon the new moon, and then surrender to the cosmos — watching, listening, and just being. It's believed that over the next six months after the new moon, your wishes will begin to come true if — and only if — they are truly in alignment with your purpose in this life. Writing, speaking, and singing those wishes are our ways of taking the wheel and deciding upon the life we want to live despite the circumstances we may face. When we do so, the universe responds by creating divine patterns that reveal our righteous path.
So wish, sweet dreamer, knowing that those dreams can be your reality.
When Is the 2022 New Moon in Virgo?
The new moon in Virgo peaks on Aug. 27 at 4:16 a.m. ET. For all the early risers reading this, feel free to get your manifesting underway when the new moon is at its peak. If you aren't an early bird, no worries — the power for the new moon in Virgo will be around all day and even into the next day.
What Is the Meaning of the 2022 New Moon in Virgo?
Virgos often make great healers or medical professionals like nurses, doctors, and chiropractors. This is because Virgo rules physical health. So if you need a more balanced and healthy approach to your physical health, tap into your Virgo traits, because we all have them even if Virgo is not our sun or moon sign. We can wish for a healthier relationship with food or just to establish good health habits overall.
On any creative project, you want to have a Virgo on your team. This earth sign also rules work and creative organization. If you tend to procrastinate or overwork yourself into oblivion, set intentions during the new moon to easily find time for work, play, family, friends, and anything else you'd like. Ease up on perfectionism and being overly critical of yourself and others by wishing to easily lift all self-defeating tendencies and judgments. You can also set the intention for the willingness to adapt to change and release the need to be right.
Virgos are of the earth, so it's no surprise that the sixth zodiac sign rules the bowels and intestines, digestion, constipation, and diarrhea. If you need a total healing to occur specific to those areas or ailments, wish it during the Virgo new moon.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say During August's New Moon in Virgo?
Great Spirit, bless me with the beauty of being grounded in all things. I pray that critical judgment of myself gives way to a self-embrace that is long overdue. Great Mystery, show me the power of inviting balance into my life so that I may continue creating greatness while learning to laugh at myself and not take everything so seriously.
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the New Moon in Virgo?
The Hermit: For Virgo, this is a different kind of focus. The Hermit card rules this earth sign, reminding us of how important focusing inward can be in achieving an overall balanced life.
What Chakra Goes With the New Moon in Virgo?
Throat Chakra: Virgo rules the fifth chakra, which is the throat chakra or Vishuddha. This chakra enhances care and creativity.
Spiritual-Bath Recipe For the New Moon in Virgo Baño
Sage and palo santo
Lavender, rosemary, mint, or caraway herbs
Pink Himalayan salt
Sandalwood, jasmine, or geranium essential oils
Agua de Florida or Florida Water
Amethyst, citrine, amazonite, green jade, or red jasper crystals
Aster, poppy, or buttercup flowers
1. Start out moving slowly. Turn on some music to help you ease around your space as you prepare your Virgo new-moon ritual baño. Light a stick of sage incense, and place it on a holder near a window, allowing its scent to waft past you from time to time as you begin.
2. Add one to two cups of Pink Himalayan salt to warm bath water. Use your hands to mix the salt into the water, and whisper your intentions and wishes into your baño. Water is said to have memory, so if you speak your wishes into it and then submerge your body, it helps to bring things into alignment.
3. Next, add several drops of essential oil to the water. Use a variety if you'd like, thanking each one you use for its healing properties. Then add several splashes of Florida water.
4. If you have a bathtub tray, you can create a crystal grid or altar with your choice of crystals. If you've never done a crystal grid before, simply take a deep breath, hold the crystals in your hands and close to your heart, and, when you feel ready, begin placing them down without giving much thought to where they will go. When finished, step back, look at your grid, and give thanks. If you don't have a bathtub tray, you can create a grid on the floor or just place your crystals around the room wherever you'd like.
5. Take your choice of flowers, and either use the petals to cover the top of your spiritual baño or place them in a vase somewhere you can easily see them while you soak in your bath.
6. When everything is ready, just before you submerge in this beautiful baño, light a stick of palo santo, the sacred tree that helps to lock in the cleansed energy created by the sage smoke.
7. With the scent of palo santo filling the air, slowly and carefully submerge your body into the spiritual baño, soaking for 20 to 40 minutes, remembering the laser-sharp focus of Virgo and the power of turning that inward.