This Full-Moon-in-Aries Limpia Will Help You Shed Old Skin and Move With Confidence
Aries is the ram that leads the charge. With a fierce exterior and perseverance unparalleled by many, Aries is the fire starter of the zodiac, sparking things into existence. Pair that high energy with a full moon, which provides us with space to shed old skin energetically. As we cozy into autumn and things begin to slow down a bit, the Aries full moon rushes in to remind us of who we are and the power within us to heal, transmute, and manifest. This Mars-ruled energy can be a bit feisty and hasty in its approach at times. But Aries is strongest when taking a moment to breathe, ease back, and focus.
So when tapping into Aries energy for this full moon, it's a good idea to consider what your intention is and whether it justifies the approach of a headstrong ram or the gentleness of a newborn lamb.
The great thing about a full moon is that it gives us an opportunity to clean the slate and start anew. Aries is all about newness, beginnings, and creation. But it's difficult to jumpstart new things when old baggage sits blocking our path. Soak in this full-moon energy to power you through releasing those things weighing you down so you can move forward gracefully and unapologetically you.
When Is the Full Moon in Aries?
The Aries full moon peaks at 4:55 p.m. EST on Oct. 9. It is also known as the Hunter's Moon because it illuminates the autumn night sky brightly, giving clear nighttime views for hunters and gatherers preparing for winter. The Indigenous people of North America would name full moons according to the time of year, but the name pertains to the entire month, not just the night the full moon peaks.
Stargazers will likely see this beautiful full moon the night before and after. So there's plenty of time for you to indulge in a full-moon limpia ritual.
What Does the 2022 Full Moon in Aries Mean?
Aries gets to the root of an obstacle to overcome it. This fire sign doesn't wither away and hide from challenges. Instead, Aries faces them head-on. So when the full moon in Aries illuminates the sky, look up and allow yourself a moment to truly see your own reflection. What do you see? How do you feel? What changes need to be made? What needs to stay in place? What is getting in your way?
Understand that we are constantly evolving and shifting just like the phases of the moon. When we identify the areas of our lives that are stagnant, it indicates a need for change. If change scares you, tap into the courage of Aries to help you overcome your obstacles and climb over the mountains that are too heavy to push aside.
This is the time to identify and align with your soul's purpose. Since Aries rules the head and face, take a moment to ground by deeply breathing or meditating. Then look at your reflection in the mirror, speak kindly to yourself, give praise where praise is due, and then get down to business and follow through on the shifts you need to elevate. It's hard to hide from yourself.
What Is the Spirit-Cleansing Prayer to Say For October's Full Moon in Aries?
Great Spirit, under the full moon in Aries, I pray for courage to release what no longer serves me once and for all. I move forward with confidence that life's shifts need to happen so that I can continue to evolve and embrace the beauty within and all around me.
Which Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aries?
The Emperor: Like Aries, the Emperor is a power player who easily takes charge of situations, a natural-born leader.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aries?
Solar Plexus: The third chakra, located around two inches above the naval, is our center for willpower and confidence.
Spirit-Cleansing Recipe (Full Moon in Aries)
- Begin by taking a few deep breaths, filling up your belly like a balloon, holding your breath for a count of four, and then feeling a release of stagnant energy with each exhale. Inhale and exhale three to five times while meditating on your intention for your Aries full moon ritual.
- After your space is physically clean, spiritually cleanse it by burning sage and allowing the smoke to waft throughout your space. Imagine the smoke getting deep into the crevices of your space, deeply cleansing, and removing what needs to go. Follow that with burning palo santo to seal in the goodness.
- For the limpia, you'll stand in the shower, so prepare it in a large bowl. Begin by boiling a pot of water. Lower the heat and allow the water to simmer. Add a few handfuls of herbs and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Let the water cool to lukewarm and strain. Pour the herb water into your bowl.
- Add one cup of Epsom salt.
- Add a splash or two of Florida Water and one splash of Rue Water to cleanse evil energy.
- Add several splashes of essential oil(s).
- Cover the top with fresh or dried flowers.
- Use your hands to mix everything together and speak your intentions into the water.
- Thank the water and all the elements you used to create your limpia. Thank Pachamama (Mother Earth) and the Great Spirit for blessing you in this life and helping you to remove toxins and barriers.
- When you're in the shower, place your gemstone somewhere you can see it. You can even hold it close to your solar plexus chakra after you pour the limpia gently over your head and body.
Step out of that shower feeling renewed and refreshed. Journal, drink a nice warm cup of tea, or simply get into some cozy, warm PJs and fluffy socks and enjoy a relaxing sleep, knowing that you can confidently move forward in your life.