Why You Will Definitely Want Microsoft's First-Ever Laptop
Microsoft did not hold back on releasing various new products at an event in early October, including both new smartphones and the Surface Pro 4. But, just as the event was wrapping up, the company released its newest product: the Surface Book, the company's first-ever laptop that's available for purchase starting today. Read ahead for more specifics.
- Screen Size: 13.5 inches
- Weight: 1.6 pounds in tablet mode
- Resolution: 6 million pixels
- Memory: 8 GB or 16 GB
- Battery life: 12 hours
- Camera: 8 megapixel rear-facing camera and 5 megapixel front-facing camera
- Keyboard improvements: A backlight keyboard that promises to be supersilent
- Price points: $1,499 for the 128 GB, Core Intel i5 model; $1,699 for the 256 GB, Core Intel i5 model to start
However, the Surface Book doesn't just stop at these specifications. Its screen is detachable from the keyboard, so you can use it in a tablet mode. It also has a "dynamic fulcrum hinge," which lets the display bend and become more flexible for different types of usage. The Surface Book will also work with the Surface Pen and Surface Pro dock. If you're worried at all about making the switch from an Apple product to the Surface Book, Microsoft has released a guide to walk you through all the necessary steps.
Ahead, see the other details and photos that will surely make you want to try the Surface Book.