Finally, after 16 months of waiting, Microsoft unveiled the newest addition to its tablet family: the Surface Pro 4, available today for purchase. Though you may love your Surface Pro 3 and may be considering getting an iPad Pro, it's exciting to finally see what's new about the Surface Pro 4. All the exciting details are below:
- Screen Size: 12.3 inches
- Memory: 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16 GB
- Resolution: 5 million pixels
- Cameras: 8 megapixel rear facing camera and 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Keyboard: New cover with better spacing, a 40 percent larger trackpad, and a different spot for the Surface Pen
- Battery life: Nine hours
- Price point: $899 for the 128 GB, Intel Core m3 model; $999 for the 126 GB Intel Core i5 model; $1,299 for the 256 GB, Intel Core i5 model; and $1,499 for the 256 GB, Intel Core i5 model
- Surface Pen: It comes with an eraser, a feature the Apple Pencil lacks, and in different colors
Microsoft also claims that the Surface Pro 4 is 30 percent faster than the Surface Pro 3 and that it is 50 percent faster than the MacBook Air. What's most notable about the new components of the Surface Pro 4 are features like the new fingerprint reader on the keyboard cover, Cortana support on the Surface Pen, and that it too also works with a Surface Pro dock. The dock has four USB 3.0 ports, two 4K display ports, and an Ethernet port as well. Best of all, the keyboard cover and dock work with the Surface Pro 3.
Take a look ahead at the new Surface Pro 4, and just try not to imagine all the fun and productivity you could have with it.