If You Tell Siri, "Say Cheese," Your iPhone Will Automatically Take a Photo — Here's How
There's no doubt about it — iPhones can do some pretty amazing things. With new innovations available with every update, making the most of your device is what we're here to help you do. One of the best parts about the iPhone is its clear and crisp camera, which is why learning how to utilize all of its cool features is a must — and FYI, there are a lot of them! The newest hack we've seen involves using three different ways to remotely take a picture without pressing the shutter button, and to say we're stoked is an understatement. If you're interested in learning how to snap a photo by using just your voice, Siri, or Apple Watch, follow these easy steps ahead.
How to Take a Photo on an iPhone Using Voice Control
- First, open the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap where it says "Accessibility."
- From there, hit "Voice Control."
- Toggle the switch that's next to "Voice Control" so it's in the green on position.
- Then, go to your camera and position it to capture the shot you want.
- When you're ready to snap the photo, say "Turn up the volume," and that will activate the camera's shutter to take the picture.
- After you've taken the photos you want, you can disable the Voice Control by toggling the switch to the off mode.
How to Take a Photo on an iPhone by Just Saying "Say Cheese"
- Go to the "Shortcuts" app on your phone.
- Go to where it says "Gallery," and type in "say cheese."
- You can customize the shortcut phrase you want if you don't want it to be "say cheese."
- Hit "Add Shortcut."
- Then say "hey Siri, say cheese" (or whatever saying you programed), and your phone will automatically take a photo and save it to your camera roll.
How to Take a Photo on an iPhone Using an Apple Watch
- First, open the "Camera Remote" app on the watch.
- Set up your phone so it's ready to take a picture.
- Tap the "Shutter" button on your Apple Watch screen.
- The picture will be taken after three seconds, but you can disable the time if you want to as well as control the flash, turn on Live Photo, and more by tapping the ellipsis button.