Pack your gym bag in a way that will keep you warm, healthy, and glowing all Winter long. Since your gym bag is almost of equal importance as your workout and goes everywhere with you, make the most of it this holiday season. Simple swaps like an extra pair of running tights and a Winter-worthy snack will keep you out of a cold-weather rut and going strong no matter what temperatures the weatherman predicts. Here are seven essentials we can't live without!Source: Instagram user keagankiely
- Running Tights: Running tights are a Winter must because they are perfect for layering. Not only are they a substitute to leggings — just throw on a pair of boots and you're ready for work — but the comfortable fit also makes them perfect for any girl and any workout. Running tights can also be paired under shorts for added warmth or packed in your gym bag for an extra layer under sweatpants before you head outside.
- Sanitizer: Let's face it, the gym is a likely place to catch a cold or the flu this Winter. Take extra precaution by keeping yourself and your equipment clean. Let your inner germaphobe shine by packing cleansers in your gym bag. Mix up one of these DIY cleaners or carry a pack of sanitizing wipes for a strong immune system this Winter.
- Dry Shampoo: Nothing is worse than wet hair in the Winter. If you don't have time to dry your hair after a shower, use dry shampoo. Dry shampoo will leave your hair smelling fresh while adding texture and volume. It is perfect for the days you need to run errands after the gym and will keep your hair healthy in between washes.
- Fleece Headband: The perfect headband this Winter will do double duty: holding your hair in place while keeping your head warm. A fleece headband like this Lululemon Run With Me Ear Warmer ($32) will keep your ears warm before, during, and after a workout. It also acts as an additional layer under a bike or ski helmet.
- Post-Workout Snack: Fruit is a great snack, but the freshest options are not always available during the Winter. If you're looking for a post-workout snack that is easy to pack, try a iced gingerbread Clif Bar. This seasonal bar will satisfy your holiday cookie cravings (we promise), and the 4:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein is an excellent choice for a post-workout recovery snack.
- Heat Packs: You don't have to be a skier to enjoy the benefits of a heat pack or patch. Pack a few heat patches in your gym bag to stay warm and stop achy muscles in their tracks.
- Thick Moisturizer: The combination of Winter weather and having the heater on full blast can make your skin dry and flaky. Swap out your usual body lotion for a thicker body butter like Aveeno Positively Nourishing Whipped Souffle Body Cream ($10) to keep your skin moisturized well after your workout. If you're prone to dry, chapped lips, don't forget to pack some lip balm, too!