Father's Day is on Sunday, and there's nothing we love more than pictures of celebrity dads with their kids — except maybe our own dads! This year, we're celebrating by going way back and getting nostalgic with vintage pictures of famous fathers and their celebrity kids. Click through to see Billy Ray with an adorable Miley Cyrus, teenage Angelina Jolie with dad Jon Voight, Allison Williams with newscaster dad Brian Williams, and more cute pictures from back in the day!
Thanks to their black, sheer, and lacy gowns, this style set may have just had some of the sultriest looks to hit the Met Gala staircase. Joan Smalls perfected her supermodel smolder in a body-conscious embroidered Tom Ford gown — proof that covered up doesn't have to be conservative. Alexa Chung embraced the Gala's subversive theme and channeled her sexier side with a sheer-inset Erdem look, as did Allison Williams, who delivered a more provocative look than we're used to, wearing a black Altuzarra gown. Adding to the list of attendees who ditched their usual "good girl" persona, Anne Hathaway showed off a dramatic vintage Valentino gown, made all the more striking with see-through fabric and a high-shine finish. Now it's time to weigh in — which of the starlets' sheer gowns gets your vote?
Vote on all of our Met Gala polls here!
Tonight's Met Gala was all about punk, and many of Hollywood's sweetest celebrities jumped at the chance to amp up the edge on the red carpet. While we expected stars like Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry to embrace their rock chick roots, seeing celebrities like Anne Hathaway, Taylor Swift, and Allison Williams go for more daring ensembles was fun to watch play out at the bash. Anne went platinum blond, Dakota Fanning showed off serious skin, Allison got into a goth mood, and Ginnifer Goodwin sported dramatic eye makeup for the night. Click through to see these stars and many more good girls get into the punk spirit at the 2013 Met Gala, and make sure to check out all the ladies on the Met Gala red carpet!
Allison Williams returned to the Met Gala this evening! After attending last year in a pink Ralph Lauren column, she arrived for tonight's 2013 Costume Institute Benefit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in a sheer gown by Joseph Altuzarra. Allison is best known for her role as the ladylike Marnie on HBO's Girls, but tonight, she loosened things up with her variation on the Met Gala theme, Punk: Chaos to Couture. What do you think of Allison's ensemble? Make sure to vote in all of our Met Gala fashion and beauty polls!
Celebrities made appearances on location all over the world for their big- and small-screen projects this week. Ryan Gosling got to work directing How to Catch a Monster in Detroit, while George Clooney kept up filming for The Monuments Men in Germany. Despite Reese Witherspoon's headline-making arrest, she was back in front of the cameras in Atlanta for The Good Lie, and in NYC, Allison Williams showed off her upper-body strength while working on season three of Girls. Click through to see all of this week's stars on set!
Lena Dunham and Allison Williams enjoyed some downtime on the set of Girls in NYC yesterday. Lena took a phone call between takes, while Allison grabbed a beverage and laughed with the crew. The girls seem to be continuing their filming from earlier this week, when they were spotted on the Manhattan set in the same outfits. Lena sported the printed bubble dress with a "Birthday B*tch" trucker hat, which could foretell a special celebration for her character, Hannah Horvath, in the show's third season.
Lena has had much to celebrate herself, as she was recently named one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in the world. She partied with fellow honorees Claire Danes, Justin Timberlake, Jimmy Fallon, and Frank Ocean at the Time 100 Gala in NYC earlier this week and shared that her father was the first person she called with the exciting news.
Lena Dunham got colorful to shoot a scene for the third season of her hit show, Girls, in NYC today. She wore a dress and a trucker hat that read "Birthday B*tch" as she chatted on her phone outside a building. Yesterday, Lena, Allison Williams, and the rest of the Girls cast bundled up to shoot in the city. Lena squeezed in the day of work ahead of her appearance at the Time 100 gala last night. She was named one of the magazine's most influential people of the year and celebrated by kissing Claire Danes on the red carpet and joking around with Christina Aguilera and Amy Poehler at the bash.
Lena isn't the only Girls star who has been making headlines over the past few weeks. Jemima Kirke found herself in the news after she was photographed kissing jewelry designer Pamela Love in an ad for NYC-based bridal store Stone Fox Bride.
While we enjoy watching her character Marnie on the HBO show Girls, it's Allison Williams's flawless red-carpet style that has us sold. From premieres to parties to award shows, Williams has wowed in high-wattage hues, statement jewels, and form-flattering confections so perfect you'd think they were constructed specifically for her. To top it all off, she's become the style poster child for classic and feminine yet sleek and fashion-forward silhouettes. She blends no-fail shapes with cool designer names, and vice versa, she opts for pieces with a slightly edgier feel and an all-American label behind them. No matter how you spin it, we've got our eye on Williams's styling prowess — see our favorite looks inside.
- Liberty Ross covers this week's installment of The Edit. [Net-A-Porter]
- Opening Ceremony has teamed up with upcoming film Spring Breakers on a capsule collection of beach-ready wears, which will hit stores and online on March 22 — the same day the movie opens in theaters. [The Huffington Post]
- Allison Williams is ready for the Met Ball: "The theme is punk . . . I've been looking through Sex Pistols photography," she said. "I'm really excited to commit to the theme." [T Magazine]
- Zaha Hadid has been commissioned to redesign Stuart Weitzman's Milan flagship. [Styleite]
- Anna Wintour was spotted having dinner with Michael Kors at Da Silvano. [Page Six]
- Marni's new perfume now has its own website. [Marni Fragrance]
Allison Williams had the shiny strands of a shampoo model last night at the New York premiere of HBO's Phil Spector. Her blowout may have been done by a professional, but you can get the same high-gloss effect at home, too, in three simple steps.
1. Shiny strands start with moisture. Get the maximum hydration out of any conditioner by sealing your shampoo and conditioning routine with a shot of cold water. You can also amp up your regular wash with a sealing apple cider vinegar rinse, which dissolves any leftover product buildup that can make hair dull.
2. Use a shine serum. Add a serum to damp hair before you blow-dry for that high-shine finish. Smoothing on a lightweight oil after your hair is dry can also add a gleam and tame flyaways.
3. Use the right tools. The tools you use to blow-dry your hair can also effect the shine factor. While blow-drying, use a round brush with natural bristles to help add shine from roots to ends. Finally, completing a blowout with a blast of cool air can also make a difference in the gloss of your style.