Keep reading for the easy directions.
What You'll Need:
- 6-by-6-inch square canvas
- Mod Podge
- Foam brush
- Black acrylic paint
- Square picture
- Paper cutter or scissors
- Scrap paper
- Select a picture that you'd like for creating the print. Resize the image using your computer until it is 6 by 6 inches and then print, using the best printer settings. Gather the other materials for creating the canvas print before getting started.
- Use a paper cutter to trim the image, creating a perfect square. You can position the print over the canvas to double-check its size, trimming as needed.
- Give the front of the canvas a quick sanding with fine sandpaper, which helps the Mod Podge really adhere to the print and canvas.
- With a foam brush, coat the front of the canvas with a layer of Mod Podge and then position the print, smoothing gently. Don't worry if there are any bumps or puckers, they will smooth out once the glue is dry. Let rest for an hour before the next step.
- Now coat the print with a layer of Mod Podge, working first horizontally with the foam brush and then vertically. Once again, don't worry about any bumps; they'll disappear as the canvas dries.
- Place a piece of scrap paper under the canvas, and coat the sides with black acrylic paint, which really makes this DIY look professional. Touch up the black paint if needed.
- Once dry, find the perfect spot for hanging the finished canvas print, or give it to a special someone as a gift.