Keep reading for the directions.
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup grated shea butter soap
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup witch hazel
- 5 to 10 drops essential oil
- Small mixing bowl
- Small saucepan
- Squeeze-top container or sealable container
- Plastic Bag
- Grate the shea butter soap into the small heat-safe bowl. The shea butter will be the soothing base of the shave cream.
- Now add the coconut oil and witch hazel to the bowl and place it over a saucepan of simmering water to create a double boiler. Keep an eye on things until the soap melts, which takes around five minutes. The coconut oil is wonderfully moisturizing, and witch hazel is a natural antiseptic, which helps soothe any nicks while shaving.
- Once the mixture has melted together, remove it from the heat and add the aloe vera gel and essential oil. Aloe vera gel has rejuvenating and healing properties, and a few drops of your favorite essential oil make the cream smell amazing. Blend the mixture using a hand blender. Once the mixture is room temperature, blend again, which creates a really luxurious cream
- To repurpose a plastic squeeze-top container, use a scissors to make the opening larger. Then spoon the shave cream into a plastic bag and squeeze to one corner. Snip the corner of the bag and position it at the opening to the container. Gently squeeze until all the cream is in the container.
- Your homemade shave cream is ready to use the next time you shower!
Makes five ounces of shave cream.