Just a day before hitting the stage at Super Bowl 50, Beyoncé dropped a new song called "Formation" out of nowhere. But that's not all! Along with the song, she also released a new music video exclusively to Tidal with a cameo from her adorable daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, and we must say, it's fire! Just take a minute to review the lyrics: "Y'all haters corny with that Illuminati mess/Paparazzi catch my fly and my cocky fresh/I'm so reckless when I rock my Givenchy dress."
In addition to featuring explicit lyrics, the video, which was directed by Beyoncé, takes on black culture and police brutality with a handful of powerful images, including a cop car, a police line, a Southern plantation home, and a shot of graffiti on a wall that reads, "Stop shooting us." But that's not all — we also dug up plenty of other interesting facts that you might not have noticed. Watch the video above now!
Want more Queen Bey?
- When is Beyoncé's new album coming out?
- The Internet's best reactions to "Formation"
- The 1 thing Beyoncé told me that I'll never forget
- Yes, there's already a dance video for "Formation," and it's fire
- Beyoncé's Super Bowl performance was a major political statement
- You can keep bashing Beyoncé, but here's why I'm staying in formation