Love Blond Wigs and Game of Thrones? Dress Up as a Targaryen For Halloween
If you're considering dressing up as a character from Game of Thrones for Halloween, you might want to consider the members of House Targaryen. No, they might not be as scrappy as House Stark or as slimy as House Lannister, but the white-haired, purple-eyed Targs make for excellent costumes. Just think of the wig potential here, guys. Not to mention, now that we know Jon Snow is officially a Targaryen, there's no better time to rep this house.
- What to wear: A white wig pulled halfway up, a long white or blue dress, and some fierce jewelry made of horns or steel. You can also be Vaes Dothrak Dany, which would require either wearing a dirty brown sack dress or wearing a nude bodysuit and pinning a bunch of flames to it. Bonus points if you can find some toy dragons.
- How to act: Quietly confident, but assert your status as the Mother of Dragons if provoked. Ask everyone where . . . your . . . dragons . . . are.
- What to wear: A big, fuzzy black fur jacket over your dark-colored battle gear and boots. Wear a black curly wig, paste some dark facial hair around your chin, and carry a sword.
- How to act: Brave and gallant, but a little awkward and intimidated around women.
- What to wear: A wavy white shoulder-length wig, black pants or leggings tucked into black boots, and a black tunic with a big red Targaryen sigil on the left side. If you want to go all in, spray paint the top of your wig gold, and glue or tape pieces of gold paper in the shape of droplets to your cheeks and shirt to mimic the moment Khal Drogo mercilessly dumped that liquid crown on Viserys's head.
- How to act: Rude, hoity-toity, and as if you're the smartest person in the room (even though you're not by a long shot).
The "Mad King," Aerys Targaryen II
- What to wear: A wavy white shoulder-length wig, a gold crown, and a long black coat on top of dark-colored armor. Consider tacking a few silver cardboard swords to your back to make it look like you're sitting on the Iron Throne.
- How to act: Out of your damn mind. Shout "burn them all!" whenever you can.
Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion
- What to wear: Are Dany's dragons human? Okay . . . no. But are they still technically members of the family? Yes, which is why they'd be a great group costume. You and two friends just have to each pick a color (red, green, and gold) and then pin some wings to your back or arms, glue some horns on your head, draw scales on your clothes, and you'll be good to go.
- How to act: Fiery.
- What to wear: Oh, relax. We know Tyrion hasn't been confirmed as a Targaryen, but there's plenty of evidence that suggests he is, so we're throwing him in here just in case. If you're going for Tyrion's appearance in earlier seasons, rock a burgundy-hued long-sleeved shirt and vest, black pants, and boots. For his more recent outfits, get a billowy white or tan shirt under an olive vest. Pair it with a curly golden wig, a big glass of wine, and a gnarly scar across your face.
- How to act: Stumble around drunkenly, and keep up a stream of witty one-liners.