Get Ready to Throw It Back to the '90s With These Raising Kanan Halloween Costumes
Power Book III: Raising Kanan made a huge splash for its first season on account of its dynamic ode to the '90s golden age. The authenticity of the show particularly shines through its South Jamaica, Queens style — from the aesthetics down to the glamorous wardrobe — and we can't help but envision what some of these looks could be if we channeled them for Halloween this year. Whether you're rolling solo or as a crew, each and every one of these outfits from the cast can be your style inspiration if you're looking for a great '90s costume. You might even get lucky and be able to find some of these pieces in your parents' closets or at your local thrift store. Ahead, check out all the looks you can replicate from the Raising Kanan cast for Halloween.
Kanan on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Kanan's outfits are always pretty simple, and usually styled with stripes of some sort. To pull off this particular look, grab a red and green striped collared shirt, a khaki green fur collared jacket, and any dark colored backpack you can find.
Jukebox on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Jukebox's Queens streetwear style is a true match for her tough personality. To channel her look, you'll just need a blue collared button up shirt, blue sweater, and a black and red puffer jacket. And don't forget a pair of old school headphones and oversize triangle bamboo earrings.
Famous on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: For Famous's colorful outfit, you'll need a color-block collared shirt (styled in orange, yellow, purple, and green to be specific), a fur-hooded khaki green jacket lined with plaid, and a simple gold chain.
Raquel "Raq" on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Raq is always rocking a stylish look that turns heads. To copy this outfit, you'll need a brown cropped blazer jacket with a silver buckle, a black undershirt, brown leather pants, and a black coat. You can even add a gold necklace, gold hoop earrings, and a brown Louis Vuitton monogram handbag to really complete the look.
Louis "Lou-Lou" on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: For Lou-Lou's almost all-black everything look, you'll need a black and grey patterned sweater, a black leather fur lined jacket, and a short medallion gold chain to bring it all together.
Marvin on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Marvin's style is never too flashy, so his look is fairly simple to put together. Just pull out a black leather patched sweater, a black leather jacket lined with tan fur, and black pants. And of course, you can't forget the signature medallion gold chain.
Unique on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Unique is always decked out in some expensive-looking outfits, but you can still get creative with this look. You'll just need a plain black top, a red tracksuit jacket, and a black fur padded coat. Now if you want to spice it up, you can even add two big pendant gold chains and a small gold hoop earring for accessories.
Crown on Power Book III: Raising Kanan Halloween Costume
- What to wear: Crown's looks are truly one of a kind, but don't let that stop you from achieving this look. To replicate his outfit, you'll need a pair of red leather overalls, a geo-patterned button up shirt, a gold linked chain, and some brown and gold double wire sunglasses.