Last year, Disney shared a stacked lineup of its new movies for 2020, but unfortunately, due to the current pandemic, the company has reevaluated and shifted some of its releases. While some movies have been pushed back nearly a year (like Jungle Cruise) and others have debuted on Disney+ instead of in theaters, there's still one new release coming in 2020 (plus a Marvel movie, Black Widow, which has a new release date of Nov. 6).
Ahead, see the final Disney release date, and then check out this full list of new 2020 family movies that are still expected to come out this year.
Disney Movies Coming Out in 2020
- Soul — Dec. 25: This movie focuses on the existential journey of Joe, a middle school music teacher. Watch the trailer here and stream it from home when it premieres on Disney+ on Christmas Day.
Disney Movies That Have Already Come Out in 2020
- Onward: The first Disney film of the year was this Pixar one about a suburban fantasy world. It came out on March 6, and you can watch it on Disney+ now!
- Artemis Fowl: This movie was originally slated for August 2019, but was finally released straight to Disney+ on June 12. Watch it now on Disney+!
- Hamilton: Disney owns the rights to this live filming of the hit Broadway play, which features the show's original cast and was filmed onstage at The Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City. It debuted on Disney+ with a PG-13 rating on July 3, so it's available to watch with your kids now!
- The One and Only Ivan — Aug. 21: Based on a book that's based on real-life events, The One and Only Ivan one's about a gorilla who lives at a mall but wants to find freedom. Watch it on Disney+ now!
- Mulan — Sept. 4: the remake of this beloved Disney film is officially available on Disney+ now for $30 and it'll be included in basic subscriptions beginning Dec. 4!