It's officially cold and flu season, and unfortunately it's a nasty one. If you've caught a bug and are fed up with being stuffed up, this decongesting shower bomb should do the trick. Just place it on or near your shower drain and let the warm water create a soothing steam of eucalyptus, rosemary, and peppermint to help open up your nasal passageways. This spa-like shower will help you breathe easier in no time!
- 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil
- 2 teaspoons witch hazel
- 30 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 3 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon beet powder
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder
- Special tools: snowflake molds
- Wash and thoroughly dry a snowflake soap/chocolate mold and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almond oil, witch hazel, and essential oils.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, sea salt, arrowroot powder, beet powder, and spirulina powder. Break up any lumps with your fingers. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with your hands until the liquid is evenly distributed; it should look like wet sand.
- Place 1/4 cup of the mixture inside each snowflake cavity, pressing down firmly. Transfer the molds into the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Once frozen, remove from the molds and allow them to air-dry overnight before packing them up. Place on the shower drain to breathe easier!
- 4 shower bombs