Welcome to our post-Thanksgiving, four-step healthy detox designed to get you back in gear after indulging on the holiday (as you should!). Today, check out this yoga move from Kelli Precourt, owner of Balance Health Studio in Seagrove, FL, that brings nutrient-rich blood to your organs.
- Sit on the floor, knees bent, feet flat. Slide right foot under left leg, place right knee outside of left ankle and right heel by your butt.
- Inhale deeply and reach right arm up, lengthening spine.
- Exhale deeply and twist to your left, bringing right elbow to the outside of your left knee and pushing to twist further (as shown).
- Lengthen your spine on each inhale and twist deeper with each exhale, using Lion's Breath: mouth wide open, tongue out, exhaling with an audible hahhh. Continue for five breaths.
- Untwist and repeat pose on the other side.