You will make extra quinoa for Days 10, 11, 12, and 13; refrigerate 1 1/2 cups, and freeze the rest.
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons uncooked quinoa
4 ounces peeled raw shrimp
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 cups arugula
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine quinoa with 2 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cook covered for 12 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Fluff with a fork.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium sauté pan and add red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and garlic and cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Remove shrimp, then add arugula and tomatoes and sauté until arugula is just wilted and tomatoes are soft. Add shrimp back to the pan, along with balsamic vinegar. Toss to coat and cook an additional minute to let ingredients blend.
- Toss 1 cup of the cooked quinoa with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Store the rest in the refrigerator and freezer for later in the week.
- Serve quinoa topped with shrimp and arugula mixture.
Protein: 26.1 grams
Carbohydrate: 49.6 grams
Dietary Fiber: 7.883 grams
Total Sugars: 6.989 grams
Total Fat: 14.3 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.878 grams
Sodium: 672.6 milligrams
- Main Dishes
- North American