Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
You Won't Even Miss the Gluten in This Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sheila Gim
These gluten-free, dairy-free cookies are ones I developed when creating allergen-free recipes for the Alameda County Fair in California a few years ago. I've always loved to bake and found traditional baking to be too easy, so I started tweaking recipes to be allergen-free, which proved to be more fun and more challenging.
These came out of many experiments and were my first entry into the fair's baking contest. The first year I entered them, they took an honorable mention in the regular cookie category, but the following year, one of the contest coordinators called me and said they were adding a gluten-free category and they wanted to be sure I entered.
I baked up the same cookies from before and entered them in the gluten-free category, along with a bunch of other recipes I'd come up with, and that year I won Judge's Favorite, which needless to say is the top prize.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Hedy Phillips
These cookies have become my favorite because not only are they super easy to make but they also taste amazing. The coconut oil and flour give them a hint of coconut flavor, which pairs nicely with the chocolate chips. And of course, like all cookies, they taste amazing right out of the oven, but they almost taste even better if you refrigerate them and eat them cold. Trust me, once you go gluten- and dairy-free with these cookies, you'll never go back.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hedy Phillips, POPSUGAR Fitness
- 3 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten-free, dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients, minus chocolate chips, in one bowl, and combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto nongreased baking sheet. The cookies won't spread while baking, so I like to press them down a little so they're more of a disc shape rather than a ball.
- Bake for about 6 minutes or until tops are golden.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 48 cookies
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving