Golden milk is our latest healthy obsession — with its healing and digestion-aiding superpowers, we've been making it in batches. We came across this recipe from DRINKmaple, which combines antioxidant-packed maple water, collagen peptides for a huge boost of protein, and either ghee or coconut oil for healthy fats.
The recipe creators also reminded us to always include black pepper in our golden milk because it "works synergistically to increase turmeric absorption by 2000-percent." Turmeric is already an amazing anti-inflammatory, as well as a mood booster and weight loss aid, so why not give it a little help with a pinch of black pepper, right?
For this blend, you'll need maple water, collagen peptides, and ghee. The creators of the recipe (DRINKmaple) used Vital Proteins collagen peptides and Fourth & Heart's vanilla bean ghee. If you don't have maple water, use almond milk instead. If needed, you can also omit the collagen peptides.
- 1 1/2 cups maple water
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons organic grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder or 1 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash of ground black pepper
- Optional: sweetener to taste (such as dash of maple syrup or honey)
- Garnish: dash of cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients on "hot" setting in a powerful blender. Otherwise, combine all ingredients in a pot and simmer on the stove.
- Drinks, Hot Drinks
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes