Had a big night out? Our friends at Self have a cure: a green smoothie that will detoxify, rebuild electrolytes, and restore your body's normal pH levels. Get the recipe below.
Stanley George, 17-year veteran pharmacist and owner of Stanley's Pharmacy in NYC, is used to tending to the bleary-eyed crowd on Saturday mornings at his Lower East Side pharmacy where he serves up his signature "Drinks + Drugs." Stanley relies on herbal tonics alongside traditional Western medicine to give clients the best of both worlds. His hangover remedy tea is popularly consumed with a dose of Advil on the side.
Blend the ingredients below and slurp away to detoxify, rebuild electrolytes, and restore your body's normal pH levels. This delicious hangover cure was prescribed by Stanley for Self!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, to help brain function and balance glucose levels
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, probiotics help to bring back digestive balance
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, also excellent for digestive balance
- 1 small banana, for potassium and to help soothe your stomach
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach or kale, to aid in detox and alkalinity
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, powerful antioxidants to help the system reverse yesterday's damage
- 1 cup coconut water, to hydrate and restore electrolytes
- Honey and cinnamon to taste, excellent mood elevators
- 2-3 ice cubes
- Drinks, Smoothies
- North American
- 1-2 servings
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds