When the weather heats up, actress Zooey Deschanel loves to cook up a big pot of this green Summer soup. With just three ingredients, this quick recipe offers 47 percent of your daily recommended fiber and a whopping 16.7 grams of protein per serving, making it a must-try soup for vegans and vegetarians. If you're looking to reboot your system after an indulgent weekend, this soup is a simple vitamin-packed recipe you'll learn to crave.
- 3 cups green peas, defrosted or fresh (not canned)
- 2 cups vegetable stock or broth
- 3 mint leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine peas, stock, and mint in a blender or food processor. You can adjust the proportion of peas to stock depending on your taste for viscosity.
- Heat in a pot. Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
Source: Calorie Count
- North American
- 2 servings (4 cups)
- Total Time
- 10 minutes
- Calories per serving