If you love artichoke dip but don't love the calories and fat that come with the traditional recipe, then try this lightened-up version. A few quick swaps is all it takes to lower fat, sodium, and calories.
- 1 8-ounce package reduced fat Neufchatel cream cheese
1/2 cup light canola or safflower mayonnaise
1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 cloves garlic, or to taste
3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
2 cups loosely packed spinach (optional)
1 small onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, and garlic in a food processor. Purée until combined.
- Add mozzarella cheese, black pepper, and cayenne, pulsing just until combined.
- Add artichoke hearts and spinach. Pulse again just until combined. Transfer mixture to a bowl, and stir in the onion.
- Bake in a 9-inch square glass baking dish for 40 to 45 minutes until bubbly and browned. Serve immediately.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving