There's nothing like spooning into a creamy bowl of steamy soup, but you can do without the butter and cream and go for this velvety version instead. It's totally dairy free but exceptionally smooth thanks to the puréed potatoes and beans.
Each satisfying bowl is around 250 calories and offers 8.6 grams of fiber and almost 11 grams of protein. It's a quick vegetarian meal and stores well in the freezer.
- 5 cups veggie broth
- 2 large leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 onion, washed and sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup cannellini beans
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed and diced
- 3 large carrots, sliced
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the veggie broth, leeks, onion, garlic, beans, and potatoes in a large pot and boil for 15 to 20 minutes uncovered, until the potatoes are soft.
- Turn off the heat, and purée using a handheld blender.
- Add the carrots and corn, cover the pot, and turn heat on low for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off, and leave covered for another 10 minutes to soften the carrots. Season with salt and pepper, serve hot, and enjoy!
- Other, Soups/Stews
- 6 servings
- Cook Time
- 45 mins
- Calories per serving