Celebrate your next tough workout with a salted caramel smoothie. This filling sweet treat is one of fitness fashion maven Lorna Jane's favorites. Rich in protein, this post-workout meal replenishes and refuels. This salty and sweet smoothie is the perfect meal to sip on the go.
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 medium bananas
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter (or handful of raw cashews)
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional)
- 4 pitted Medjool dates
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 cups ice
- Garnish with:
- 2 tablespoons honey, extra
- 2 tablespoons crushed ice, extra
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
Combine all the ingredients, minus the garnish, in a blender. Drizzle the extra honey around two glasses. Pour the smoothie, and garnish with extra ice and cacao nibs to serve.
Without garnish, you save 100 calories:
If you're in the LA area, RSVP to join POPSUGAR and Lorna Jane for Inspired to Inspire: Women in Wellness Panel at the Santa Monica Place on July 18.
- Drinks, Smoothies
- North American
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Calories per serving