Shopping Workout For Cyber Monday
Trick Yourself Into Working Out on Cyber Monday
We all love shopping online because it is so easy, but it is also completely sedentary. Unlike a mall visit, which is all about walking, cyber purchases are an easy click away — not a lot of calories burned. Take charge of your fitness as your rack up charges on your credit card and burn something other than money on Cyber Monday! We say add a challenge to your online shopping experience.
The Cyber Monday Burpee Challenge
Here are the details of the challenge.
- For every full-priced item you purchase online, do five burpees.
- If the item is at a reduced price, do 10 burpees — you're spending less money and burning more calories!
- Do not wait to do your reps. Move away from the computer and complete your burpees each time you add the item to your virtual basket.
- Keep a tally of your total reps of burpees. If you hit 100, we say buy yourself something special too.
How to Do a Burpee
In case you need a refresher on the move that everyone loves to hate, here's how to do a burpee.
- Lower into a crouching squat with your hands on the floor.
- Do a squat thrust by jumping your feet back into a plank position.
- Do one basic push-up, bending the elbows and then straightening back to plank.
- Jump the feet forward to the hands, and come into a squat.
- Do an explosive jump straight up, getting as much height as you can.