If you're looking for a sweet change to your everyday breakfast, start with your fruit. While tangy, pink grapefruit is a healthy and delicious choice for the day, it has the potential to be so much tastier! With the addition of only three ingredients and a mere five minutes in the oven, the citrus fruit transforms from a basic breakfast staple into a healthy, decadent treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Whether it's served alongside your favorite oatmeal or as a dessert dish, honey-broiled grapefruit will quickly become a welcome spin on fresh produce in your kitchen.
- 1 grapefruit
2 teaspoons honey
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to the "broil" setting.
- Slice the grapefruit in half width-wise, then use your knife to loosen the fruit sections from the surrounding peel. (This will make it easier to spoon out the fruit after baking.)
- Drizzle each half with 1 teaspoon of honey, being especially generous toward the center of the fruit. (For a sweeter fruit, feel free to use more honey or add brown sugar on top of the usual sweetener. This is especially good for holiday brunches or decadent dessert grapefruits.)
- Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon atop the honeyed grapefruit halves, then place on a lined baking sheet.
- Broil for 5 minutes. You can allow the grapefruits to bake for a few minutes longer if you desire a well-done, golden-brown appearance.
- North American
- 2 grapefruit halves (2 servings)
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving