Starbucks Spinach and Feta Wrap Recipe
DIY Starbucks Spinach-Feta Wrap
If you order a spinach and feta wrap from Starbucks every day, it's time to rethink this morning habit. While I appreciate the "cage-free eggs" and 19 grams of protein this convenient option offers, the wrap contains a number of preservatives and 36 percent of your recommended sodium for the whole day.
After reading The Spark Solution, I was thrilled to find a homemade option that's lower in calories and carbs and free of preservatives. Just like the original, this recipe is easy to enjoy on the go — and even cook up in advance for a busy morning. And once I took a bite, I was delighted that the flavor and texture of this homemade hack was far more satisfying than the fast-food order.
Spinach Feta Wrap
From The Spark Solution by Becky Hand, R.D. and Stephanie Romine
This is a great recipe to freeze and make in advance. The Spark Solution says, "To freeze, allow the wrap to cool, then store in a zip-lock bag or plastic wrap. To reheat, microwave on high for four minutes."
- 1 7-inch whole-wheat tortilla
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups fresh spinach
1 large egg, plus 1 egg white, lightly whisked
2 tablespoons crumbled low-fat feta cheese
1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Place the tortilla on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for one minute.
- Coat a small skillet with cooking spray, then place it over medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms and pepper for two minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and sauté for another one to two minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the eggs and cook, stirring often until they are set, about two minutes.
- Place the egg scramble in the center of the tortilla, then top it with the crumbled feta and sun-dried tomatoes. To wrap, fold up one end, then both sides. Serve immediately or wrap in foil and take to go.
- North American
- Makes one wrap
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving