This lunge variation is another exercise that targets the glute meds.
- Holding a pair of dumbbells, stand with your feet and knees together.
- Take a large step with your right foot to the right side, lunging toward the floor.
- Make sure your right knee does not extend past your toes, and keep your left leg relatively straight.
- Push off through your right foot, emphasizing the weight in the heel, to return to the start to complete one.
- Do three sets of 12 to 15 on each side.
Source: Megan Wolfe Photography