The Dead Bug teaches you to control your limbs and direct their movement through your core. Do 10 reps to start with, and build up from there.
- Make sure your lower back is pressed firmly into the ground. You can roll a thin towel and place it under your lower back to feel where you need to press down on.
- Exhale fully as you lower your right arm and left leg. Brace your core!
- Keep your neck relaxed. You might want to rest your head on a pillow or rolled-up towel for support.
- Repeat, switching arms and legs.
- Keep it slow — inhale deeply, exhale fully and slowly, and keep pressing your lower back into the ground. Extend and retract with control.