Watermelon season is here, which means it's the perfect time to make a batch of watermelon mint CBD popsicles. These simple summer treats require only a few ingredients, and they're a healthier option when you're craving something sweet yet refreshing during the warmer months.
If you've never prepared homemade popsicles before, the process is quite simple. All you need are popsicle sticks and a popsicle mold to create these frosty pops. For best results, use juicy, hydrating fresh fruits that can be easily puréed in a blender or food processor. You can also combine different ingredients for a more complex flavor profile. Watermelon and mint are a classic pair!
Popsicles are also incredibly easy to infuse using your favorite full-spectrum CBD oil tincture. Unflavored tinctures typically work best so that the flavors of your popsicles aren't compromised.
While CBD is nonpsychotropic (meaning, it won't make you high), always be sure to use a measuring spoon to get the precise dosage before integrating it into a recipe. Also, when it comes to CBD dosages, remember the golden rule: start low and go slow. And always speak with your healthcare provider before mixing CBD with other medications.
Ready to try these delicious popsicles for yourself? Keep reading for the recipe!
For this recipe, use an unflavored full-spectrum hemp-derived CBD tincture that contains 24 milligrams of CBD per milliliter (or about 60 milligrams of CBD per ½ teaspoon). This will add the equivalent of about 10 milligrams of CBD to each popsicle.
- ½ small seedless watermelon
10 mint leaves
1 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoon unflavored full-spectrum hemp CBD oil tincture
½ ounce organic light agave nectar
- Cut the watermelon in half. Begin to scoop out the watermelon flesh into the bottom of a blender or food processor. Add the mint leaves, then purée for 1 minute or until the watermelon chunks turn into juice.
- Using a fine-mesh strainer, separate the pulp from the juice over a 24-ounce Mason jar. Repeat this step to fine strain the liquid as best as possible. Discard the pulp and then set the Mason jar aside.
- Rinse out the blender with clean water, dry, then add the watermelon mint juice back into the blender. Add the CBD tincture, lime juice, and agave nectar, then blend on high for 10 to 15 seconds to set the emulsion.
- Begin to pour the watermelon mint CBD juice into six popsicle molds, making sure to distribute the liquid as evenly as possible. Insert the popsicle sticks, then place them into the freezer. During the first couple of hours of freezing, gently agitate the sticks in each mold to help prevent separation, then freeze overnight.
- The next day, remove the pops from the molds. The popsicles should have a layered look. Enjoy immediately or place them into cellophane bags and store in a zip-top freezer bag for later. Immediately wash the molds and create another batch if needed.
- Pro tip: if you’re having trouble separating the popsicles from the molds, fill a mug with warm water and then dip each mold into the warmed water for a few seconds to help slide the popsicles out.
- Desserts, Frozen
- 6 popsicles (depending on the size of the watermelon)