Harry Styles must really love fruit. The Brit keeps throwing fruit-related lyrics into his music, which gave me an idea. Well, the first idea it gave me was to start tattooing fruits on myself to one day turn into a fruit salad in his honor, but the second idea it gave me was to create a fruit smoothie. So, to celebrate his latest single, "Watermelon Sugar," which definitely mentions fruits, among, um, other things, allow me to introduce the rainbow paradise smoothie, inspired by Styles himself.
The base of the smoothie is all the references from his second album, Fine Line. It combines watermelon (from "Watermelon Sugar"), strawberries (from "Watermelon Sugar" and also from "Adore You"), and cherries (from "Cherry," obviously). On top of that is a kiwi float, inspired by "Kiwi" from Harry Styles, his first album. And of course, the name of it comes from "Adore You" as well. Fitting, no?
All together, these fruits make a refreshing smoothie that's perfect on a hot summer day. It's not too sweet, but you could always add some honey or agave if you want a sweeter treat. My next plan is to add a splash of the watermelon vodka currently chilling in my fridge to make an even more fun beverage.
You can add sweetener to this if you want a sweeter smoothie, or if you want it boozy, add a splash of watermelon vodka.
- 1 kiwi
1/4 cup coconut water, in 1/8-cup portions
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup watermelon
1/8 cup black cherry juice
Fruit to garnish
- Place the kiwi and 1/8 cup coconut water into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Set the kiwi puree aside and rinse out the blender.
- Place the frozen strawberries, watermelon, cherry juice, and the other 1/8 cup coconut water into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into a glass and top it with the kiwi puree.
- Garnish with as many kiwis, strawberries, cherries, and watermelon bits that you'd like.
- Drink immediately.
- 1 smoothie
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 5 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds