From boozy frozen drinks to turkey legs to gooey grilled cheese sandwiches, the magic at the Disney parks absolutely extends to their delicious and innovative food. And we're missing it so much these days! Thankfully, Disney-lovers and foodies alike have been sharing their own copycat Disney recipes that we've been obsessively trying, and that includes one of our all-time favorite Disney park snacks: the classic Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar.
This Mickey ice cream bar recipe is really easy to make as it requires only three ingredients. To make them, all you have to do is allow the vanilla ice cream to soften before scooping it into your popsicle mold, and then cover in melted chocolate. Then you pop the bars back in the freezer for a few minutes to let the chocolate harden and you're all set! And while it's definitely great if you have a Mickey-shaped mold for these, don't sweat it if you don't. You can make these any shape you want, and the second you bite into them, they'll taste like Disney. Keep reading for the full recipe for your new favorite at-home snack.
- Vanilla ice cream
Popsicle molder and sticks
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Let vanilla ice cream sit out until softened, but not melted.
- While ice cream is softening, mix together semisweet chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat for 30 seconds and mix. Repeat until fully melted.
- Scoop ice cream to fill popsicle molds. Bonus points if the mold is Mickey Mouse shaped!
- Cover popsicles in melted chocolate. Lay on tray and repeat steps three to five until bars are completely covered in chocolate.
- Place bars in freezer for 15-to-20 minutes for chocolate to harden and ice cream to stiffen. Enjoy!
- 4 bars
- Prep Time
- 12 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 31 minutes, 59 seconds