A Former Bed Bath & Beyond Employee Shared How They Fold the Towels, and It's Surprisingly Simple
If you've ever wondered how Bed Bath & Beyond and all those home decor stores fold their towels so perfectly, now's your chance to learn! TikTok user kristinalburn, a former Bed Bath & Beyond employee, recently shared an easy hack for how to get your towels at home to have that classy, professionally folded look. In the quick clip above, she demonstrates the signature folding method, and it's surprisingly simple. Here's how she pulls it off — and how you can, too.
- Take the towel and lay it out, open, so one of the long sides is closest to you.
- Grab the left (short) edge of the towel, and fold it over toward the right (short) edge. But don't fold it all the way — instead, set the left edge down with about a quarter of the towel's length left to go on the now-bottom layer.
- Take the "new" left edge — aka the fold made by step two — and pull it all the way across to the right edge. You should now have a rectangle whose short edge is nearest you.
- Fold the new bottom edge up about two-thirds of the way, then the top edge down and over it to meet the newly folded bottom edge. Think of this step like folding a letter!
- Flip the towel over so the folds and loose edge are on the bottom.
That's all there is to it! It really is the little touches that can make your home feel more put-together and professionally styled, so we're totally on board for hacks like this to add a little polish. Watch and fold along with the video above, and you'll have it down in no time!