As the summer winds down, we have a moment to reflect on where we currently are in our lives. No matter what has occurred in your recent past, whether good or not so good, there is always something to be grateful for. Even when we feel like we're sitting in the middle of a tornado of life's obstacles and challenges, if we dig deep enough and get at the heart of the matter, we'll uncover the truth and the lessons hidden within the chaos. The supermoon is a disruptor in the sky. Our lunar companion provides powerful energy for us to use in our lives. The August supermoon in Aquarius will be the last for this year, following three supermoons that began in May. As we marvel at this enormous ball illuminating the night sky, it is a beautiful reminder of how connected we are to astrological events. This moon is super in essence because it is slightly closer to Earth than the average full moon. Its proximity to our planet makes it appear supersize and extremely bright.
Just like the awe-inspiring supermoon in Aquarius this August, if we look a little closer at ourselves, we can see the magic within more clearly. Then those obstacles and challenges that life has thrown at us become the messages and lessons we needed most at the time. For that, we can be grateful. If you're having trouble feeling grateful, a spiritual limpia under the supermoon in Aquarius could be all you need to clear the clouds and see the blue sky again. After all, no matter the stormy weather, there is always a beautiful clear sky above the clouds.
When Is the Full Moon in Aquarius?
The supermoon in Aquarius, or the full sturgeon moon, will be at its peak on Aug. 11 at 9:36 p.m. EDT. It won't be hard to miss. So enjoy the vastness of this supermoon and connect to its powerful energy source.
What Is the 2022 Full Moon in Aquarius Meaning?
The fourth supermoon of 2022 is the full moon in Aquarius, or the full sturgeon moon. A sturgeon is a prehistoric-looking fish that has been traced back to around 136 million years ago. During the month of August, these giant fish were readily caught in the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain. Therefore, August's full moon was named for this great fish. While this full moon is associated with a fish, Aquarius is an air sign, flowing through life with aspirations of spreading wisdom throughout humanity and making lots of friends along the way. This air sign is also extremely grounded, rooting down into life and breaking through conservative structures with a revolutionary approach.
Aquarius is ruled by Saturn, the planet of responsibility, hard work, and determination, and Uranus, which symbolizes technology, rebellion, and innovation. Saturn shows us our limitations and the lessons we need to learn, while Uranus pushes against these limitations to create groundbreaking, dynamic change. The juxtaposition between these two planets provides a platform of creation for us all. What we do with this platform is up to us.
The 11th zodiac sign can get a bit overzealous about creating change and its position in the world, so it's necessary to remain grounded. Body parts and functions associated with Aquarius include the ankles and circulation. If you're not feeling grounded, try lying on your back with your legs up the wall for 10-15 minutes a day. As you lay in this position of vulnerability, allow your stress to melt away, and breathe. Aquarians are vulnerable to varicose veins, which occur when veins become enlarged, dilated, and overfilled with blood. So raising your legs each day allows the blood to flow in the opposite direction and helps ease painful varicose veins and provide balance within.
What Is the Spiritual-Cleansing Prayer to Say in August's Full Moon in Aquarius?
"Great Spirit, under this supermoon in Aquarius, allow me to remain grounded with an open heart so that I may receive the lessons in life and be grateful for it all."
What Tarot Card Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aquarius?
The Star: Just as the woman on the Star tarot card has one foot in water while her bended knee touches the earth, Aquarians remain grounded while watering humanity.
What Chakra Goes Well With the Full Moon in Aquarius?
Third-Eye Chakra: Aquarians want to see the bigger picture in life so they understand their position in humanitarian efforts.
Aquarians can also be associated with the heart chakra since they want equality for all.
Spiritual-Cleansing Recipe (Full Moon in Aquarius Limpia)
- Purple flowers of any kind
- Sage and palo santo
- Epsom salts
- Selenite, clear quartz, and/or moonstone
- Clove, juniper berry, thyme, and/or cedarwood essential oils
- Sage, mint, daffodil, and/or mugwort herbs
- Aqua de Florida, or Florida Water
- Physically clean the space you'll use for your limpia. Remember that you can do a limpia standing in the shower or soaking in the bath.
- After you've physically cleaned your space, it's time to spiritually cleanse it by burning sage and allowing the smoke to waft all around the room and into the corners of the room where energy often remains stagnant. Follow that with palo santo and again let the smoke waft around the room as you pray and set your intentions.
- As you prepare your limpia, you can mix the ingredients in a large bowl if you're doing it in the shower or place the ingredients directly into warm bath water if you prefer to soak. Add 1 to 2 cups of Epsom salts and use your hand to mix it into the water. Continue praying and setting your intentions with each step of the ritual. The ingredients you use and the words you choose go hand in hand.
- Next, add several drops of Florida water and the essential oils you like. You can use one or combine a few.
- Add a handful of each herb you'd like to use and mix them into the water with your hands. Pray, sing, give thanks, and set your intentions.
- Place your crystals around the tub or in the water if it's safe to do so. Some crystals and gemstones should not be submerged in water.
- Finally, you can spread purple flower petals over the top of your bath water or mix them into the bowl with your other limpia ingredients. You can also simply have the flowers displayed in a vase near where you'll do your limpia. A go-to is purple orchids.
Remember your magic, and carry that through each step of this supermoon in Aquarius limpia ritual. When we exchange magical energy with our lunar friend, sparks will fly, and your biggest dreams can become reality. So tap into that third eye, remain rooted and grounded, and lift your heart to the sky. Blessings on your journey.