The whole Prinze family headed to the LA Zoo for an afternoon of fun last week. Sarah Michelle, who is pregnant with her and Freddie's second child, carried a camera while he held their daughter Charlotte. The group got a ride through the park on a golf cart and checked out a few animal exhibits before stopping to take photos at a lizard statue. SMG and Charlotte have been out and about multiple times this Spring while SMG is on a break from work. She should have more time to spend close to home now that her CW series Ringer was just canceled. There's plenty on the horizon for Sarah Michelle though, with the arrival of her next baby later this year.
What's been inspiring you this week in the world of interior design? From serene home spa spaces to eclectic, bachelor-friendly lofts, my favorites run the gamut right now. Take a look at some of the spaces that are inspiring me this week.
Freddie Prinze Jr. dressed down in a Wrestlemania sweatshirt running errands around LA yesterday. He's been working with the WWE on and off for the past few years, and most recently assumed a role producing vignettes during matches. Freddie was without his favorite ladies, Sarah Michelle Gellar and their daughter, Charlotte, but kept himself entertained listening to his iPod. The Prinze-Gellar household celebrated Sarah's 34th birthday last week, and we marked the day with a look back at SMG's memorable career highlights. From her days on Buffy to Scooby Doo, we made sure to capture it all, including her sweetest PDA moments on and off the screen with Freddie.
Sarah Michelle Gellar turns 34 today! Her role in Buffy the Vampire Slayer took her from daytime sweetheart to primetime star 15 years ago and she's been a fan favorite ever since. SMG's been working on a new TV pilot, Ringer, lately but the actress also has her gorgeous husband and adorable baby girl to keep her busy. Take a look back at her Hollywood past as we celebrate SMG's birthday!
TresSugar kicked off March Man-ness this week with their Heartthrob Bracket, pitting some of our favorite hot guys over the years against each other to eventually crown one ultimately swoon-worthy champion! The first round is heating up and we had such a hard time choosing — Patrick Swayze vs. Joshua Jackson? How can a girl decide? We loved voting in all of them and if you haven't yet, be sure to get your picks in before the round ends on Tuesday and you'll be entered to win an iPad! Check out which matchups stumped us the most and who's winning at the moment.
The Winter TCA is still going strong, but let's backtrack a bit to recap highlights from two beloved shows. One of the more lively panels of the weekend was with the cast and showrunners of Parks and Recreation. Now that they're midway through their second season, creator Greg Ellis, Amy Poehler, and the rest of the cast joked about how they finally found their niche and why we shouldn't expect any crossovers in the near future. Meanwhile, Kiefer Sutherland lightened up the 24 panel with jokes about going through airport security and revealed that he's game for more seasons of the show. Here are highlights:
- The creators of Parks and Rec admitted that the show needed some time to find its footing, but other major changes helped: notably, toning down Poehler's character (their new motto is "More Knope, Less Dope") and keeping Chris Pratt on as a series regular.
- Amy shared a few thoughts on the show's success: "What’s been nice is there has been a slow build of our show in many ways, and certainly the critical response, including some of the people probably in this room who we are very grateful for, have helped people take a second look at the show, and that’s felt very — very satisfying and very genuine. And so we’re kind of just hoping, of course, that that continues, that that word of mouth and the people that like our show like other things and they’ll come and find it."
- Fun episodes to look forward to: Tom will bond with Justin Theroux's character over a love of fashion (apparently Tom's love for polo shirts and the like was Aziz Ansari's idea). Also: we'll finally get a peek at Leslie Knope's home and, according to Poehler, "see how she lives."
- But don't get your hopes too high for a crossover with another show. When asked about teaming up with 30 Rock, Poehler said, "Well, I want do something with Lost
but they’re not on NBC. . . . It would be very difficult to do a crossover. That would be great, like, to try to shoehorn a crossover and, like, where we just go,'ding-dong.'"
To see what happened over on the 24 panel, just read more
The TCAs rolled into day three yesterday, which brought some major developments from Fox. Simon Cowell made a surprise appearance during the executive panel to announce this season will be his last on American Idol. With his departure, Simon will bring the X Factor to the States, which he will judge and executive produce. Simon spoke about his love for AI, calling it the best eight years of his life and even hinting at bringing Paula onto X Factor when he revealed, "I adore Paula, whatever happens I will be working with her in some capacity. I miss her." Later in the day we got a look at the upcoming season of 24 from Kiefer Sutherland, Freddie Prinze Jr., and the rest of the cast, who are upping the action this year from NYC. Freddie said he was so excited to play his latest role saying, "I'm usually struggling to fall in love for 96 minutes, and I always get the girl."
After the panels the stars moved to Fox's All Star party. The cast of Glee were all in attendance and so excited to celebrate the news their show got picked up for a second season. Kevin McHale told us they were all on set together when they found out, and as far as his hopes for season two, he's excited for the songs and dances to get bigger and bigger. Lea Michele and Dianna Agron stuck close to each other all night long. When asked about filming The Romantics, Dianna revealed the cast was so much fun to work with and that she was especially excited when Katie Holmes revealed she's a big fan of Glee. Also fresh off a People's Choice Awards win, Olivia Wilde looked gorgeous as usual among the members of the House cast in attendance. There's still lots of fun to come from the TCAs so stay tuned for updates on Twitter.
We now mostly know what shows will be on our TVs come Fall — but who will be starring in them? After pilot season comes a flurry of casting and recasting, as actors whose shows didn't get picked up look for work and networks change up the lineups on some of the forthcoming series. Today, there's word of a big casting, some recastings, and Joss Whedon's dream casting:
- The casting: Freddie Prinze Jr.'s ABC comedy pilot wasn't picked up, but the actor didn't have to wait long for a job: He's joining the cast of 24 as a Marine who dreams of becoming a sort of Jack Bauer Jr. He joins a growing number of new cast members for the season, including Anil Kapoor, John Boyd, Chris Diamantopoulos, and Jennifer Westfeldt.
- The recastings: A few pilots-turned-series are already searching for replacements for their lead actors. Among those now out of work: Julia Ormond, who was supposed to play the head of surgery in CBS's Three Rivers, and two lead actors in ABC's The Forgotten, Reiko Aylesworth and Rupert Penry-Jones.
- The dream casting: Summer Glau is out of work following the cancellation of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, but Joss Whedon might have a job for her. As you read this, he's trying to come up with just the right role to get her onto Dollhouse next season. He doesn't really want her to play an active, though — so what else could you picture her doing on the show?
Sarah Michelle Gellar was still hard at work filming her new show The Wonderful Maladys in NYC yesterday and today, but she managed to fit in a break to spend a little quality time with her husband, Freddie Prinze Jr. The parents-to-be looked happy in each other's company as they explored the set together. The wardrobe department is doing a good job of covering up SMG's growing baby bump so far but there's no hiding that unmistakable glow.
To see lots more SMG just read more