Throw out your old zucchini bread recipes because this is the only one you'll need. Mixed with grated carrot and applesauce to add fiber and natural sweetness, each slice is perfectly soft and moist. Made with less sugar than traditional loaves, this bread is still amazingly sweet and spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Just look at those gorgeous flecks of green and orange! Any zucchini would be proud to be a part of this delicious recipe you can enjoy as a yummy breakfast (smothered with peanut butter, of course) or for a sweet after-dinner treat.
2 tablespoons ground flaxmeal
6 tablespoons water
2 cups grated zucchini (about 1 large or 2 medium)
1/2 cup grated carrots (about 1 large)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups white whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two loaf pans.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flaxmeal and water, and set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and carrot, and place in a large bowl. Add the sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Add the flaxmeal and water mixture to the zucchini mixture. Then stir in the dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two pans. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Source: Calorie Count
- Breads, Desserts, Cake
- 2 loaves, 16 servings
- Cook Time
- 1 hour
- Calories per serving