Brace yourself, because we have another royal wedding on the way! Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank announced their engagement in January, and they will be tying the knot on Oct. 12 at St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle (yep, the same venue as Prince Harry and Meghan Markle). Eugenie and Jack have been together for nearly a decade now, but not much is known about Jack — that is, until now, anyway. From what he does for a living to his surprising connection to George Clooney, read on for five fast facts about Eugenie's fiancé.
- He's in the hospitality business. Jack was once the manager of London's Mahiki nightclub but left to set up a wine merchant business, which he named Jack Brooksbank Ltd. He's also the UK ambassador for George Clooney and Rande Gerber's tequila brand, Casamigos.
- He's a commoner, just like Meghan Markle. Jack may not be a royal like Eugenie, but he does come from a successful family. His dad, George, is an accountant and a company director. However, Jack's family does have some royal ties as they are descended from the Brooksbank baronets. Eugenie's mother, Sarah Ferguson, also happens to be the great-great-granddaugther of Lady Julia Coke, who is the daughter of Jack's great-great-grandfather, Thomas William Coke. Yep, that means Eugenie and Jack are third cousins once removed.
- He and Eugenie have been going strong for almost eight years now. The couple first began dating in 2010 after they were introduced by friends while skiing in Verbier, Switzerland. They carried on a long-distance relationship when Eugenie moved to NYC for school in 2013 and have been together ever since.
- He's older than Eugenie, but only by a few years. Eugenie is 28, while Jack is 31, making Jack three years older than her.
- He and Eugenie's dog share the same name. Yes, Eugenie's fiancé and her dog are both named Jack, which the royal previously told Harper's Bazaar was a "total accident."