Game of Thrones Trivia: 100+ Questions to Quiz Die-Hard Fans
Test Your Westerosi Knowledge With This "Game of Thrones" Quiz
Even though "Game of Thrones" has been off the air for nearly three years, it's still a major part of pop culture. With plans for at least one spinoff already in progress — not to mention two more planned books in George R.R. Martin's books series — there's a lot more "Game of Thrones" coming our way in the future. It doesn't look like the world of Westeros will be going away anytime soon, and we can't wait to see what's in store for this sprawling universe next.
Just how well do you remember "Game of Thrones," though? The epic show spanned dozens and dozens of important characters, several years, multiple continents, and more twists and turns than anyone could have ever seen coming. It's next to impossible to remember every little detail, but there are plenty of memorable moments we're sure you haven't forgotten. Maybe you're a whiz at remembering the complex family trees, or you have a great eye for the most iconic visuals. Whether you're a serious super-fan or just want to have a little fun testing your knowledge, this "Game of Thrones" quiz is packed with tons of trivia to test your knowledge. Take a look through these questions and see if you're as shrewdly observant as Varys or if "you know nothing" like Jon Snow.
"Game of Thrones" Trivia
- What are the most significant "Game of Thrones" houses? Targaryen, Stark, Lannister, Arryn, Tully, Greyjoy, Baratheon, Martell, and Tyrell.
- List the "Game of Thrones" books so far in order: "A Game of Thrones," "A Clash of Kings," "A Storm of Swords," "A Feast for Crows," and "A Dance With Dragons."
- What are the names of the final planned "Game of Thrones" books? "The Winds of Winter" and "A Dream of Spring."
- How many seasons of "Game of Thrones" are there? Eight.
- What was the last season in which the TV show mostly used storylines from the published books? Season five.
- How many Emmys did "Game of Thrones" win in total? 59.
- Who is the only cast member to win an Emmy for their role? Peter Dinklage as Tyrion Lannister.
- What is the name of the "Game of Thrones" prequel? "House of the Dragon."
- In which season can the infamous Starbucks cup be spotted? Season eight.
- What special metal makes up the most famous swords in "Game of Thrones"? Valyrian steel.
House Stark Trivia
- At the beginning of the series, how many children do Ned and Catelyn Stark have together? Five: Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon.
- Who is the first character in the series to be called "King in the North"? Robb Stark.
- Which Westerosi couple is a couple off-screen as well? Kit Harington (Jon Snow) and Rose Leslie (Ygritte).
- What house did Catelyn belong to before marrying Ned? House Tully.
- What was the name of Ned Stark's sword? Ice.
- Which cast member has also played a Disney character, and which character did they play? Richard Madden played Prince Kit in the 2015 "Cinderella" remake.
- What is the name of Arya's direwolf? Nymeria.
- Which Stark witnesses the murder of Renly Baratheon? Catelyn.
- What are the colors and symbol of House Stark? Gray, white, and green, and a direwolf.
- What is the motto of House Stark? "Winter Is Coming."
- Who is Sansa Stark's first fiancé? Joffrey Baratheon.
- What occupation does Talisa have when she and Robb meet? She's a healer.
- What is Jon Snow's real first name? Aegon.
- Who was Robb Stark supposed to marry? One of Walder Frey's daughters.
- In what season does the Red Wedding take place? Season three.
- What title does Sansa end the series with? Queen in the North.
- What did Robb and Talisa want to name their son? Eddard.
- What fake name does Arya use while disguising herself as a boy? Arry.
- Which of the Starks is the last to die onscreen? Rickon.
- Where does Arya go after the wars are over? She sails to find out what is west of Westeros.
- What is the last name given to illegitimate children in the North? Snow.
House Lannister Trivia
- Whose court does Tyrion Lannister ultimately join? Daenerys Targaryen.
- Which Lannister twin is older? Cersei.
- Where is the seat of House Lannister? Casterly Rock.
- What are the House Lannister colors and sigil? Red and gold, and a lion.
- When Joffrey has another one of his tantrums, what does Tyrion do? Slap him.
- Who did Cersei initially hope she would marry? Rhaegar Targaryen.
- Why did Jaime kill the "Mad King" Aerys? To stop him from using wildfire to destroy King's Landing.
- What was the name of Jaime, Cersei, and Tyrion's mother? Joanna.
- What two swords are made from Ned Stark's former sword? Widow's Wail and Oathkeeper.
- Who wields Widow's Wail? Joffrey, then Jaime.
- Who wields Oathkeeper? Brienne.
- What is the prophecy that Cersei fears? That another younger and more beautiful queen will take her place.
- Who murders Tywin Lannister? Tyrion.
- What is the House Lannister motto? "Hear Me Roar."
House Targaryen Trivia
- How does Daenerys hatch her dragon eggs? In a funeral pyre.
- Who was Rhaegar's first wife? Elia Martell.
- What is the House Targaryen motto? "Fire and Blood."
- What are the names of Daenerys's dragons? Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion
- What are the House Targaryen colors and sigil? Black and red, and a dragon.
- Who is executed via molten gold? Viserys Targaryen.
- Which characters call Daenerys "Dany?" Viserys and Jon.
- What language is Daenerys's "mother tongue"? Valyrian.
- Which member of Daenerys's court is recast midway through the series? Daario Naharis.
- What did Daenerys plan to name her and Khal Drogo's son? Rhaego.
- Which dragon is turned into a wight? Viserion.
- Which dragon does Jon ride? Rhaegal.
- Who destroys the Iron Throne? Drogon, with a burst of dragon fire.
House Baratheon Trivia
- What are the colors and symbol for House Baratheon? Black and gold, and a stag.
- How did Renly first meet Brienne of Tarth? He danced with her when no one else would at her coming-out ball.
- What language do Red Priests and Priestesses use? High Valyrian.
- What is the last name given to illegitimate children in the Crownlands? Waters.
- What is the motto of House Baratheon? "Ours Is the Fury."
- What god does Stannis worship? The Lord of Light.
- Who did Robert want to marry? Lyanna Stark.
- Who was the only one of Robert's children known to survive? Gendry.
- What nickname is Renly given during his quest for the throne? "The King in Highgarden."
- How does Stannis murder Renly? With a "shadow" conjured by Melisandre.
- Who kills Stannis, and why? Brienne, in battle and as revenge for Renly's murder.
- Who first reveals to Gendry that he is a Baratheon? Melisandre.
- What is the birth order of the Baratheon brothers? Robert, Stannis, Renly.
House Tyrell Trivia
- What are the colors and sigil of House Tyrell? Green and gold, and a rose.
- What is Olenna Tyrell's nickname? The Queen of Thorns.
- Who does Loras give a rose to at a joust? Sansa Stark.
- What other famous literary character has Margaery Tyrell actress Natalie Dormer played? Irene Adler.
- What nickname is given to Loras? The Knight of the Flowers.
- Whose armor does Loras wear at the Battle of Blackwater? Renly's.
- What is the motto of House Tyrell? "Growing Strong."
- How many kings or king claimants does Margaery marry? Three: Renly, Joffrey, and Tommen.
- How does Margaery become engaged to Joffrey? Loras asks for their betrothal as a favor after his heroics in the Battle of Blackwater.
- Who is Loras briefly betrothed to? Cersei.
- What does Olenna reveal as her last words? That she was the one who poisoned Joffrey.
- Who did Olenna get the poison from? Petyr Baelish.
House Greyjoy Trivia
- Who attempted to found the Kingdom of the Iron Islands? Balon Greyjoy.
- What are the colors and symbol of House Greyjoy? Black and gold, and a kraken.
- Who does Theon consider his "brother"? Robb Stark.
- What was the name of Euron's ship? The "Silence."
- What are the inhabitants of the Iron Islands called? Ironborn.
- Why is Theon a ward of the Starks? To ensure House Greyjoy's loyalty after their failed rebellion.
- What is the motto of House Greyjoy? "We Do Not Sow."
- What is the name of the throne of the Iron Islands? The Salt Throne.
- Who did Euron plan to marry? Cersei.
- At the end of the series, who is the head of House Greyjoy? Yara.
- Who does Theon die protecting? Bran Stark.
House Martell Trivia
- What are the Martell daughters called? Sand Snakes.
- What are the colors and sigil of House Martell? Red, gold, and orange, and a spear piercing a sun.
- What title does the head of House Martell hold? Prince of Dorne.
- How did House Martell and Dorne join the Seven Kingdoms? Through political marriage.
- What is the motto of House Martell? "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken."
- What was Oberyn's nickname? The Red Viper.
- How many daughters does Oberyn have? Eight.
- What is the last name given to illegitimate children in Dorne? Sand.
- Who did Oberyn believe ordered the murder of his sister? Tywin Lannister.
- Who is Trystane Martell engaged to? Myrcella Baratheon.