Not all desserts need to be sugary and sweet. This key lime pie is both tart and creamy, making it the perfect treat for a hot night. Made with avocados and coconut cream, it's vegan — but dairy-lovers will enjoy it too! If you're not a fan of lime but still want a vegan treat, you should try our vegan rainbow ice cream.
- 12 vegan graham crackers
- 9 medjool dates, pitted
- 5 tablespoons triple-filtered coconut oil
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in 3 cups water overnight
- 3 medium avocados, about 14 ounces
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon triple-filtered coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup coconut whipped topping, thawed in the fridge
- 2 tablespoons raw sliced almonds
- 1 lime, zested
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you get a fine sand mixture. Press the crust into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Freeze the crust while you make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them into the food processor along with the rest of the filling ingredients. Run the food processor for 5 minutes. Stop the machine, scrape down the sides, and process again for 1 minute.
- Pour the filling over the frozen crust and smooth out the top with an offset spatula. Freeze the pie for 4 hours or overnight.
- Once the pie is frozen, top with the whipped topping, lime zest, and sliced almonds.
- Allow the pie to thaw at room temperature for 20 minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy this tart and creamy treat morning, noon, or night!
- 12 Servings