Inspired by all those beautiful breakfast parfaits you see on Instagram but don't think you can make one? Well think again! Watch this quick video and learn straight from one of our favorite foodies, Lee From America, how to layer chia pudding with a green smoothie for a gorgeous and filling breakfast. Then check out the recipe below.
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup filtered water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 1/2 frozen bananas
4 fresh strawberries
1 cup baby spinach
1 teaspoon spirulina powder
3 tablespoon organic almond milk
1/4 cup gluten-free granola
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together 1/4 cup chia seeds with 1/4 cup coconut cream, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and 1/4 cup filtered water vigorously. Let sit for 3 minutes, then whisk again for 1 minute. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes or covered overnight.
- In the morning, blend together 1 cup spinach with 1 teaspoon spirulina, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, and 3 tablespoons almond milk.
- In a pretty glass, place sliced figs on the side of the glass and add 3 spoonfuls of chia pudding at the bottom. Add layer of green smoothie.
- Place sliced strawberries on the side of the glass and add 3 spoonfuls of chia pudding. Top with dollop of green smoothie, then sprinkle with gluten-free granola.