Today's meals make good use of already prepared ingredients, which saves time in the kitchen. Less meal prep means more time to enjoy life.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup diced apple
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon cashew cream (leftover from Day 3)
- Whisk together egg, mashed banana, rolled oats, almond milk, and cinnamon. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon the oat batter into the skillet to form two rounds and cook until each pancake is firm. Flip and cook until golden, about 3 minutes each side.
- Top with apple, shredded coconut, and cashew cream.
Protein: 12 grams
Carbohydrate: 37.1 grams
Dietary Fiber: 5.265 grams
Total Sugars: 11.7 grams
Total Fat: 19.2 grams
Saturated Fat: 8.632 grams
Sodium: 87.6 milligrams
- 1 medium baked russet potato
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked chicken (leftover from Day 2 dinner)
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup marinara
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Mix chicken and baby spinach into marinara sauce in a microwavable container.
- If preparing this to eat at work later, pack the marinara mixture in a separate container from the potato, and continue with the next steps when you're ready to eat.
- Microwave the marinara mixture until steaming hot, about 1 minute.
- Slice potato lengthwise, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Mash the flesh lightly with a fork and pour the marinara mixture over the top.
- Serve your potato pizza with a 1/2 cup blueberries on the side.
Protein: 24.1 grams
Carbohydrate: 74.7 grams
Dietary Fiber: 10.2 grams
Total Sugars: 27.6 grams
Total Fat: 6.046 grams
Saturated Fat: 1.226 grams
Sodium: 664.9 milligrams
- Main Dishes
- 1/2 cup cooked buckwheat
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup diced pear
- Combine buckwheat with almond milk and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute if desired, or eat cold.
- Top with pistachios and diced pear.
Protein: 4.832 grams
Carbohydrate: 24.9 grams
Dietary Fiber: 4.522 grams
Total Sugars: 5.02 grams
Total Fat: 4.805 grams
Saturated Fat: .541 grams
Sodium: 149 milligrams
- 2 cups kale
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cashews, toasted
- In a blender, combine kale, garlic, garbanzo beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and a pinch black pepper.
- Pulse until blended and nearly smooth, adding 1 tablespoon water at a time if needed.
- Pour cornmeal on a plate. Form kale mixture into four patties and press both sides of each patty into the corn meal.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms until soft and golden, about 8 minutes. Remove mushrooms from skillet and set aside. Save 1/2 cup of the cooked mushrooms for tomorrow’s breakfast.
- Add 2 teaspoons olive oil to the same skillet and cook the veggie patties over medium-high heat until they’re golden, about 3 minutes per side. Refrigerate 2 patties for lunch tomorrow.
- Serve both veggie patties topped with mushrooms and sprinkle with toasted cashews.
Protein: 16.9 grams
Carbohydrate: 51.6 grams
Dietary Fiber: 15.1 grams
Total Sugars: 2.114 grams
Total Fat: 25.6 grams
Saturated Fat: 3.832 grams
Sodium: 560.4 milligrams
- Main Dishes
- 1/3 cup diced sweet potato
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 very ripe banana
- In a small saucepan, simmer sweet potato in almond milk until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into blender with cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and banana until smooth.
Protein: 5.068 grams
Carbohydrate: 31.6 grams
Dietary Fiber: 7.295 grams
Total Sugars: 11.6 grams
Total Fat: 6.782 grams
Saturated Fat: .376 grams
Sodium: 205.1 milligrams
Check out the recipes for Day 5.