Isn't sleep the best? If cuddling under the covers is one of your favorite things ever, these memes about sleep were basically written for you. But no matter how much you love sleeping, if you find yourself not being able to fall asleep or you toss and turn during the night, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure your bedroom environment is suitable for sleep. Keep the temperature on the cool side, use blackout curtains to block out any light, and keep your bedroom clutter-free and quiet.
- Exercise during the day. This uses up energy, so when your head hits the pillow, you'll fall asleep faster.
- Stick to a sleep schedule. Go to bed and wake at the same time every day (yes, even on weekends!) to get your body into a natural sleep-wake cycle.
- Stop eating and drinking at least two hours before bed, and eat a light meal so you don't go to bed on a full stomach and don't wake in the middle of the night needing to go to the bathroom.
- Only have coffee before noon, since the caffeine can keep you up.
- Stop using a screen at least 30 minutes before bedtime. If you want to get lost in something, open a relaxing book or write in your journal.
- Try taking CBD oil.
- Take a hot shower, meditate for 10 minutes, or do some yoga to encourage sleepiness — you can even do these poses in your bed!