If you can't imagine your life without bacon or chocolate chip cookies, then check out this totally healthy recipe from PaleoHacks that tastefully combines the two.
I don't think I know anyone who can say no to a chocolate chip cookie. They're a family tradition in my household, which my late Grandma started many years ago. Today, I'm bringing you a Paleo-friendly version of the chocolate chip cookie I grew up with as a kid. Bonus: There's bacon, too.
While I loved baking with my dear Grandma, her chocolate chip cookies were not the healthiest of recipes. Over the years, I've put my own healthy spin on Grandma's tradition to give my family delectable, mouthwatering, chocolate-laden cookies that they crave — but with healthier ingredients free of refined sugar and oils.
These Paleo Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies started out as simple Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. The idea to include bacon in this recipe occurred to me when I was simultaneously baking cookies and making eggs and bacon for breakfast. The aromas of warm, sweet chocolate cookies and salty bacon frying on the griddle gave me the idea to combine these two amazing flavors. I mean, sweet and salty is always a good combination.
These cookies are bursting with chocolate chunks, and they have hints of bacon nestled into the crunchy almond flour. Good luck keeping them around for more than a day!
- 4 slices cooked bacon
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 tablespoon arrowroot starch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 large egg white
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients (except bacon and chocolate chips) to a food processor. Layer the wet ingredients first, then the dry ingredients. Process until ingredients are fully combined.
- Add the cooked bacon to the food processor. Process until bacon is broken apart and dispersed throughout the batter.
- Transfer the batter to a small bowl, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. With your hands, flatten the cookies with your hands — just until they’re the shapes of cookies.
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees F (or until edges are slightly brown).
- Remove from the oven. Then immediately transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely — before devouring.
- Desserts, Cookies
- North American
- 8 cookies
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds