This cheesy, garlicky "pasta" from healthy chef Hungry Girl is the best of both worlds — it's just as fast to make as any simple pasta dish and doesn't come overloaded with carbs. And since it's a similarly low-calorie and low-carb pasta alternative as spaghetti squash (one whole bag of broccoli slaw is only 100 calories and five grams of carbs) without all the prep, it's perfect for any gluten-free girl on the go.
Look for broccoli slaw in the bagged salad section of your grocery store.
- 1 12-ounce bag (4 cups) dry broccoli slaw
1 cup low-fat creamy tomato soup (like Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) or canned crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon chopped garlic or more, to taste
Dash onion powder or more, to taste
Dash each salt and black pepper or more, to taste
Dash crushed red pepper or more, to taste
3 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan-style grated topping, divided
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add slaw and 1/4 cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until water has evaporated and slaw has softened slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add soup/tomatoes, garlic, spices, and 2 tablespoons grated topping. Stir, and continue to cook until hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional spices, if you like. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon grated topping. Enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 14 minutes, 59 seconds
- Calories per serving