This cheesy, garlicky "pasta" from healthy chef Hungry Girl is the best of both worlds — it's just as fast to make as any simple pasta dish and doesn't come overloaded with carbs. And since it's a similarly low-calorie and low-carb pasta alternative as spaghetti squash (one whole bag of broccoli slaw is only 100 calories and five grams of carbs) without all the prep, it's perfect for any gluten-free girl on the go.
Look for broccoli slaw in the bagged salad section of your grocery store.
- 1 12-ounce bag (4 cups) dry broccoli slaw
- 1 cup low-fat creamy tomato soup (like Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque) or canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic or more, to taste
- Dash onion powder or more, to taste
- Dash each salt and black pepper or more, to taste
- Dash crushed red pepper or more, to taste
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan-style grated topping, divided
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add slaw and 1/4 cup water. Stirring occasionally, cook until water has evaporated and slaw has softened slightly, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add soup/tomatoes, garlic, spices, and 2 tablespoons grated topping. Stir, and continue to cook until hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Season to taste with additional spices, if you like. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon grated topping. Enjoy!
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 2 servings
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Calories per serving